Boundary Assessment Team Analyst
2021-11-30 21:48:01 UTC
Boundary Assessment Team Analyst
BreakPoint Labs is currently searching for an Assessment Analyst to join the Boundary Assessment Team. This is an opportunity to join a successful team of top-tier Security Experts working to protect the DoD and Federal government systems. At BreakPoint Labs we offer exciting career opportunities as well as support individual’s personal professional development.
The position will be responsible for:
- Perform remote threat assessments of 40 service delivery points a year and provide a written report of findings and recommended remediation to new DREN and SDREN RDT&E customers.
- The goal of the remote threat assessments is to enumerate exploitable flaws from the Internet’s perspective without causing impact to the target systems.
- Validate the customer attack surface utilizing industry known best practices for defending network terrain for DoD key task areas such as VPNs and Public Facing Websites.
- Assess cybersecurity capabilities through validating and testing the functionality of ACAS, HBSS, IDS, etc. and reporting findings for tracking and closure. - Assessments will coordinate and identify security flaws and issues identified with the DoD Bug Bounty program.
- The BAT will follow a formal testing methodology with documented procedures to test systems vulnerabilities and misconfigurations, in order to maximize their reliability in the face of a cyber-attack.
- Prepare technical assessment reports for cybersecurity personnel and system administrators, and conduct formal briefings for effective communication of system analysis results to leadership
Successful Candidates must have the following:
- Hold an active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years Information Assurance (IA) or related experience.
- Certified as an IAT-II (CISSP, CASP CE, CISA, etc.) within 60 days of hire.
- Certified as OSCP (Strongly Preferred) - Certified as GWAPT, GPEN (Preferred)
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning and testing tools (Nmap, ACAS/Nessus/SecurityCenter, Burp Suite Professional, Acunetix, Metasploit, EyeWitness, Whatweb, SQLMap, Shodan, Censys.io, and other tools as deemed appropriate for the mission.
- Knowledge of common DoD Cybersecurity Technologies (ACAS, HBSS, IDS, etc.) - Ability to adapt to new testing Techniques, Tactics, and Procedures (TTPs) associated with realistic threats to improve vulnerability findings.
- Understanding of common attacker TTPs in order to perform threat analysis during assessments.
- Experience performing manual and automated DoD STIG compliance auditing on multiple technologies (Ex: Operating Systems, Web Applications, Databases, Etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting and understanding vulnerability scanning and testing tools and manual testing techniques to determine vulnerability findings that are missed.
About BreakPoint Labs
BreakPoint Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who believes in empowering people and encouraging employee’s career paths no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Our goal is to be a company that is obviously diverse and inclusive of all, and one whose work culture is respectful to all employee’s values. We believe in supporting our Veterans and do so by encouraging and considering Veterans to apply for our employment opportunities.
BreakPoint Labs is a growing cybersecurity services company focused on ‘high-end’ support to DoD, Federal, and commercial clients. Headquartered in the National Capital Region, but with a presence in more than 14 states, BreakPoint Labs provides clients with services in three core competencies: Cybersecurity Assessments, Defensive Cyber Operations, and Research and Development. We offer a full array of benefits consisting of medical, dental, and vision coverage in addition to a matching 401(k) plan. We are a company that encourages employee’s career path opportunities by providing $5,000 educational reimbursements yearly and providing training and certification reimbursements as well.
BreakPoint Labs is constantly seeking enthusiastic cybersecurity professionals, either to exchange technical ideas and lessons learned or to potentially join the BreakPoint Labs Team. Through an established corporate culture, BreakPoint Labs embraces a highly technical, [geeky] workforce passionate about developing and leveraging technology to secure cyberspace.
- Must be a resident of United States