Cyber Security Analyst
- Vicksburg, MS
2022-03-16 01:49:56 UTC
Cyber Security Analyst (On-Site)
* Conduct continuous network monitoring and analysis using various defensive cyber tools, such as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Tanium/ACEM, etc.
* Support the deployment of Tanium/ACEM agents to compatible endpoints, and track overall tool deployment compliance.
* Assist users in identifying unmanageable hosts within Tanium/ACEM and implement appropriate exclusions.
* Enumerate and report instances of specific platforms, installed software, and services (including unauthorized instances).
* Validate network scanning quality and compliance IAW applicable JFHQ-DODIN TASKORDS.
* Troubleshoot credentialed vulnerability scanning failures and provide remediation guidance.
* Assist in the deployment of Nessus agents.
* Configure network compliance/audit scans and ensure the appropriate audit files are leveraged.
* Enumerate vulnerable terrain in support of Tier 1 reporting.
* Provide end customers with vulnerability assessment reports with prioritized mitigation actions.
* Track vulnerability management efforts from identification, to notification, to remediation.
* Investigate and report potential false positives from continuous monitoring tools.
* Analyze risk score trends and ascertain potential root causes to risk score anomalies.
* Track compliance trends and provide prioritized list of findings to end customers.
* Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network security risks.
* Assist in incident response activities by querying existing data and sharing matching indicators of compromise (IOC).
* Provide prompt, quality customer service with excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Provide direct support to the Protect Team Lead.
Must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance or Higher Level
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
* Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Tanium/ACEM strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of network scanning principles and the potential impacts of intrusion detection/prevention
systems (IDS/IPS) to scan data accuracy.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, and team-oriented environment.
* Ability to communicate complex technical and programmatic information, often in the form of verbal and visual operational updates, situation reports and briefings.