Contract Design Engineer
- Design & User Experience
- Burlington, VT
2020-10-16 14:48:29 UTC
As a contract Design Engineer, you will join a core Product team that designs and develops point of sale displays for retail brand experiences. This individual will work closely with the product and manufacturing teams to ensure structure specs meet customer requirements. This designer must be able to engineer and deliver production ready technical specifications from a concept rendering. Extremely strong mechanical design skills are a necessity for this role.
• Proficient knowledge of manufacturing processes for metals, composites, plastics and more including machining, forging, molding for composites, injection molding, 3D printing, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of 3D CAD software (Solid Works and AutoCAD), with manufacturing related technologies a plus
• Proficiency with 2D & 3D rendering software to quickly create photo realistic imagery (KeyShot, Rhino, Photoshop)
• Proficiency creating production ready technical specifications
• Strong prototyping and model making skills with the ability to quickly mock-up concepts
• Ability to design and develop point of sale/display products for Fortune 500 companies
• Aware of emerging trends in design, materials and technologies
• Construct prototypes and confirm designs with the product team
• Ability to work on projects that may change scope or parameters and still meet deadlines
• Strong communication (both written and oral)
• 5+ years’ experience in product development and/or engineering-related field; specific work in point of sale/display/retail environments a plus
• Exceptional portfolio that demonstrates examples of products created from concept to production with a successful introduction to market
Select is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Select does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.